Friday, February 10, 2012

Oriental Chicken

Grated Ginger (approximately 1 small bulb)
1/2 c. Soy Sauce
1/2 c. Balsamic Vinegar
4 tsp. Garlic
2/3 c. Sugar
4 c. Cubed Chicken

Combine grated ginger, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and sugar in Ziploc bag. Once ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add chicken. Freeze.

When you are ready to cook, defrost the bag of ingredients. Separate the chicken and the sauce and place the chicken in a pan (leaving the sauce in the bag). After chicken is cooked, reduce the heat to low to keep warm. Place the sauce in a small sauce pan and reduce until it reaches the desired consistency. Combine the reduced sauce and chicken and serve over rice.

A few tips:

After I cook the chicken, I place it in a separate dish and reduce the sauce in the pan I used to cook the chicken.

Instead of grating the ginger, I used a food processor to chop it because I think that is much easier than using a grater.

For us, once the sauce is reduced, there is not much left because I like the sauce thick. So I doubled the sauce recipe, but not the chicken. If you want less sauce, here is the original ratio of ingredients:

Grated Ginger (approximately 1 small bulb)
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp. Garlic
1/3 c. Sugar
4 c. Cubed Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment